Martes, Setyembre 4, 2012


Date:December 18,2011
Place: Ulingan Tondo
Event: Medical Mission

If I had  this BLOGSITE a few months ago, I would have uploaded this photo and blogged about everything I had seen, felt, heard and smelled that day.

It was my first time to immerse in such an activity, and I thank Dweng and his family for giving me that rare opportunity to do such charitable act.

I have never seen such extreme poverty up close, though in my mind, I knew such inhumane living conditions do exist in so many parts of the country.


And so I did the best I could for these people, although I knew they would definitely need more than I could give. If only I had a magic wand and give them a more decent place to live, or enough food to eat.

Nevertheless, I knew in my heart that they appreciated what little we had to offer.

On the flipside, these people are the reason why we need better leaders in the local government, more support from charitable NGO's....and most especially, this is why we need to pass that RH BILL!!!

I pray that one day, the mayors visit these communities and see for themselves this rotten state their constituents suffer from. And I dont mean only during election time.

I also pray that the church leaders (CBCP!) also visit these people and realize the folly of their argument against the RH bill. As if they do anything to ease the suffering these people endure everyday. Lipservice. That's what they do. They are no diferent from those scumbag mayors they connive with.


See that "dirt road"? FYI, that's about 6 feet of mushy,compact garbage! Oh, make that 3 hectares of 6 feet-deep garbage! Plus that smoke! whew! As if its not hard enough to live amidst a mountain of stinky trash!

 

 


I salute all the charitable extraordinary people who collectively made a humongous effort to help these people in dire need. But these people need more. These people need change. Fast.  Now. It doesnt take a miracle. All it needs is good governance and a strong sense of  patriotism. No politics.

I hope I get to see that change in my lifetime.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento